Sleaford Closing Date: 2021-12-06 Ref: PILAO683542
The production manager will be accountable for leading the Operations Team to achieve the profit and performance targets set by the business. Drive continuous improvement to maximise operational effectiveness, quality and consistency and efficiencies through the development of people, processes and systems. Enhancing the group mission, vision and Values. This role requires senior leadership qualities to ensure that all manufacturing aspects are met through the individual unit and cross functional support within the peer group.
Accountabilities and responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Delivering KPIs – to include providing actions and evidencing results.
• Meeting and exceeding customer requirements in terms of Quality, Food Safety, Cost & Delivery.
• Strategically planning both from a resource and capacity planning perspective.
• Driving continuous improvement in both our processes and quality.
• Challenging, mentoring and coaching people (to include objectively assess own teams’ performance) as well as challenging processes and practices within production.
• Actively promote and deliver improved health and safety behaviours – leading the achievement of a strong Health & Safety culture (and environmental awareness).
• Assisting with any other elements of the day to day running of the production and working as part of our team environment.
You will be required to (again, not limited to):
• Work under and cope under pressure and within a fast paced, ever changing environment – to include making decisions with the required amount of urgency.
• Anticipate and identify challenges / problems and owning these through to conclusion.
• Understand factors that affect efficiency (i.e. yields, labour costs, waste, non-conformances etc.).
• Demonstrate tangible and sustained KPI improvements.
• Demonstrate strong team building and people management skills