Sleaford Closing Date: 2022-02-28 Ref: PILUW640458
We are looking for a flexible, driven and enthusiastic Training Manager. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will help shape and structure the training within Production and the site moving forward. This will include overseeing the onboarding process from when new starters arrive on their first day at work, establishing and rolling out training plans for each department from new starters to refresher training to embracing new ways of working to internal promotions within production and the other supporting departments and ensuring your team of validators are fully equipped and competent for their roles.
You will lead the departmental trainers and support with the co-ordination of training for each department, monitoring and improving processes as required. supporting the production team, you will look at identifying gaps on ‘on-the-job’ training by department and providing solutions to close such gaps. Working closely with the Operations and HR Manager, thinking outside of the box, you will look at how we can be more engaging and creative on how we can retain and develop our valuable people on site.
Accountabilities and responsibilities will also include (but not limited to):
• Overseeing and ensuring compliance amongst the ‘on-the-job’ aspects training across Production (from intake to Despatch) and ensuring the PAPAYA/QUOR system is accurate / updated. Training includes the sign offs and at times the creation of SOPs, SSOWs, CCPS, ICPs and Powered Sharps.
• Ensure training (SMART) plans are in place for each department to ensure that gaps are identified, and succession planning is captured for skilled roles – to contribute to the upskilling and retention plans for the site. In addition, coordinating and overseeing the apprenticeship scheme on site.
• Challenging, mentoring and coaching the Trainers (to include objectively assess own teams’ performance) as well as challenging processes and practices with training and production.
• Ensuring that employees and trainers are aware of the H&S, food safety, quality and yields aspects of their areas to contribute to the time deliver, exceptional quality levels and customer service coupled with the mindset and aptitude to deliver change and results.
• Actively promote and deliver improved health and safety behaviours – leading the achievement of a strong health & safety culture (and environmental awareness).
• Working alongside the management team, driving continuous improvement in both our processes and quality.
• Assisting with any other elements of the day to day running of the production and HR Team as well as working as part of our team environment.
You will be required to (again, not limited to):
• Work under and cope under pressure and within a fast paced, ever changing environment – to include making decisions with the required amount of urgency.
• Anticipate and identify challenges / problems and owning these through to conclusion.
• Understand factors that affect efficiency (i.e. yields, labour costs, waste, non-conformances etc.).
• Demonstrate strong team building and people management skills.