We are proud to announce that Pilgrim’s UK has been shortlisted for two prestigious honours for the Grocer Gold Awards 2021. The two categories include Supply Chain Initiative of the Year and Sustainability Initiative of the Year.
Andrew Cracknell, CEO, said: “I’m exceptionally proud of the business for being acknowledged by these prestigious awards. To be nominated is a huge success and to win would be an even bigger win. Both categories recognise the work we are doing to build a better and sustainable future for which we should be proud. I want to thank everyone for working hard on these initiatives and look forward to seeing if we walk away with some awards – fingers crossed.”
The Grocer Gold Awards is the blue riband event of the £200bn grocery retail and wholesale sector. It is hosted and produced by The Grocer, the multi award-winning bible of the trade
The Supply Chain of Year Award saw us shortlisted for our work with Co-op. In 2018, Co-op became the first UK supermarket to switch all of its own label fresh pork sourcing to British RSPCA Outdoor Bred pigs. It meant that the percentage of outdoor-bred fresh pork, bacon, sausage, gammon and ham sold by the retailer increased from 25% to 100%.
In addition, the business was also made the cut for the Sustainability Initiative Award which focused on our 2030 sustainability strategy. The plan sets out five key areas of focus for the next ten years. This includes farming, production, packaging, community action and its products.
Below are the two shortlists in full:
Supply chain initiative
- iForce Group – PepsiCo Direct to Consumer, iForce – One Step Ahead
- One Stop & RELEX
- Pilgrim’s UK – Co-op & Pilgrim’s UK Future of Food initiative
- Simply Supply Chain – Drop & Drive Claims Workgroup
- Alara – Grow Back Greener
- Asda Stores – Asda Middleton; Reduce:Reuse:Recycle
- Co-op – Project Closed Loop II
- Cranswick – Second Nature
- Piccolo Foods – Yellow & Go Fully Recyclable Pouch
- Pilgrim’s UK – Pilgrim’s UK 2030 – driving sustainability from farm to fork
The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on 5th October. To learn more about the awards and all the other categories, visit: https://www.thegrocergoldawards.co.uk/live/en/page/finalists